Friday, September 18, 2009

Random updates

So i thought i would take this opportunity to do some random updates from the c-store and ask a request of all my adored readers out there.



First the updates:

ProLoft — Our dear ProLoft has landed on her feet! She came in this past weekend to let me know that she has gotten a job at the Subway that is near our store. I asked her when she was starting, and the answer "I don't know yet. They have to see my ID and I don't have one so I'll need to do that first. I don't understand why they need an ID to let me work." She also said that I could come by any time and she'd give me a free sandwich! Oh ProLoft, maybe you should actually start a job before you decide to steal from it :)



The Spanker — Now, a little quirk of the Spanker that I didn't tell you all about is his need for a plastic bag. Whatever he buys has to go in a bag, regardless of size. Jolly Rancher? Bag. Cigarettes? Bag. Candy Bar? Bag. You get the picture. So El Spanko came in yesterday and i got a bag ready for him and he informed me that he didn't need it, "he's quit doing that." So, I asked him what he meant -- purely because I knew you all would want to know. He said he used to put them over his head when he was, well...you know, but he had since read something in Playboy that said it could be dangerous so he stopped. This is a 40-something year old man. You had to "read something in Playboy" to realize that suffocating yourself with a plastic bag while spanking the monkey was a bad idea. How in the bloody hell did he live this long.



Customer of the Night — I've decided to start a new feature on ye olde blog called the customer of the night. This is someone whom i feel you're life would be a little less happy if you didn't know about. Last night's award goes to Flavor Flavette. This girl -- wow. She looked much like a love child of Flav and Lil' Kim...only bigger. She was probably 5'2" and 300lbs, but honey she wasn't letting that slow her down. She had on her Baby Phats and her bright purple Uggs. A ton of bling, one even had her name in gold, and bright candy apple red clip in extensions (i knew they were clip in because you could see the clips). She also had a giant Elvis purse, and by giant I mean overnight bag big, with wall size clock built right into the side. Not a picture of a clock, and honest to god clock. Flav had them on a chain and she had it in a purse. And girl was FIRED UP that we didn't have jalapeno nacho sunflower seeds. I expect we'll see miss thing on her own VH1 reality show any day now.



Finally a small request from yours truly. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make any of the web analytics stuff work. Therefore i have no idea who is reading this little jewel or who they have passed it along to.

Soooo, this weekend please add a comment on this posting with the following information:
  • Where you're from
  • how many people you've shared the blog with or how you've shared the blog, and
  • Who shared it with you (if it wasn't me)

If comments aren't your thing, you can email me at cstoredreamin@gmail.com. I work everyday until next Friday so there will be lots of posty goodness to come. Have a great Friday.

17 comments:

  1. I'm from Manhattan, KS, and have shared the blog with 8-10 people after one of my friends noted it on Facebook. Most of the folks with whom I've shared this are co-workers and family. It is sooo funny, although I really wish people weren't so mean to you. That part is sort of stunning. Reminds me of when I worked in bars as an undergraduate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katana!

    It's Jerri from the big ole town of Dodge City and Miss Katie shared your blog with me.... You have no idea how many times you have made me smile on a bad day! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently "spanker" was an appropriate name from the start, and you didn't know it! Unfortunately, you do now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you're asking questions just for us! :)

    I'm in Chicago. I posted the link on my Facebook page (200-300 contacts) and of course I shared it with my family (10) and some other friends (10).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am DYING!!! Can I put this blog on Twitter? Holy crap this is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm from Blue Springs. You don't know me. A mutual friend posted it on her facebook page (Jennifer S). You make me laugh and it reminds me of a very brief stint I did with an inventory company one school break. One night we were on the way back from a job when they went into road rage. The other car wouldn't pull over so they could fight so we drove on. That's when they remembered that they had warrents out for their arrest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in San Antonio Tx and I "heard" about the blog from a friend of mine on www.wench.org.


    I applaud you for your choice and determination to continue to work in man's made up contrivence of hell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in KC, MO and heard about the blog from a friend in Wyandotte County, KS. I assume you are blogging about Johnson County, KS. I have passed this along to my 3 favorite people, and read daily.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey K-clerk! You make me laugh every time I log on to read the latest in the crazy convenience store world. I posted your blog on my FB in August after the initial spanking incident. You have become quiet the topic of conversation among my social circles. I know for sure I have friends and family following you from Michigan, Washington, California, Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri--they all can relate. I even got a text message from a friend who was telling his friends about the blog and wanted to look it up on his iPhone while they were at the bar. Keep it coming for all of us who need to laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know me - I am from your old stomping grounds of Stillwater! LOL I love this blog!! I have shared with Jamie and Shelly but not sure if they have had the chance to read or not. Thanks for the funnies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoy reading your blog from Winthrop, Iowa. Amy is my sister and shared it with me. You just can't make this stuff up! You should put it in a book and it would surely make the bestsellers list!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ron here in Calgary. I've shared it with my friend Ryan, my neighbour Corvil and several of my co-workers who have no doubt shared it with many others. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katana, it's Warren in Calgary. Ron shared it with me and I've recommended it to anyone in the office who will listen. Keep servin' those swishers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heard from a friend and client about Cstore dreamin and look forward to the updates.
    I live in small town KS and your blog has made me take note of the local Cstore clientele.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't remember who turned me on to you, on Facebook, but I owe them a beer. Or a Swisher Sweet. I worked in cstores in the KC area in the KC area in the 80s including one in Roeland Park, in Johnson County, KS. Especially after seeing several of the comments above I am convinced you are in JoCo Kansas. And hunny, not to try to upstage you but can you imagine what you'd see down at 44th and Main in midtown, where I also used to work? I also gotta say, I have a little dog and I'm always running short of plastic bags to collect his poop in, so I'm always asking for a bag. Now I'll be watching to see if anyone gives me a look . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just moved from Stillwater last year. Lisa S. told me about you. I'm enjoying it way too much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, it's Lisa, just catching up on your posts; I put this on my FB page, and I am going to do it again today to share it with a girl I work with (she works in KC). Keep up the good work and if nothing else you might end up on Jay Leno :)

    ReplyDelete